Monday, August 30, 2010

3rd Trimester!

Well, I have finally made it into the third trimester! YIPPEEE!! I am feeling good overall...just BIG though! The baby is kicking more and more these days....usually at least 3 times a day but I am feeling him or her more throughout the day as well. The kicks/punches are gettings stronger for sure!
On another not, last week I received the unfortunate news that I have acquired gestational diabetes. Although this is apparently a "common" problem in pregnant women, it was still very disappointing to hear this. I will be meeting with a "high risk" doctor and dietician next week at Abington Hospital; however, I do believe that both the baby and myself will be just fine as long as I keep up with the diet that is needed. From the research I have done, it appears that I need to eat a lot of protein and fiber and limit my sugar intake. Hopefully, the diabetes will go away once the baby is born.
Below are some recent pics of my growing belly! We only have about 10 more weeks to go until the arrival of our precious little one :)
29 weeks 2 days
28 weeks 2 day



No comments:

Post a Comment