Thursday, March 31, 2011

4 Months Old and many "firsts"

Well, here I am again apologizing for not posting any pics in the last month!  But life sure is busy with a 4 month old and our adorable little 4 month old loves our attention during the day :)  We wouldn't want it any other way though!  Richie went for his 4 month check up on March 21st.  He weighed in at 13 lbs. 6 oz. and is now almost 25 inches long.  He is meeting all of his milestones and is just such a happy baby.  He constantly smiles and is starting to laugh more and more every day.  I feel like there have been a lot of "firsts" for Richie in the last 6 weeks.  He has rolled over quite a few times from his back onto his belly, makes gurgly sounds in the back of his throat, looks all over the house to find mommy and daddy, and is starting to make all kinds of new movements with his mouth.  He attempts (and sometimes succeeds) in picking up rattles off the floor himself and he has started playing a lot in his jumparoo AKA the "command center".  We call him "nosey" because he loves to sit and watch us while we talk.   He has started eating rice cereal and actually does pretty good with it.  His highchair is all set up in the kitchen now and it is only a matter of time before he is eating fruits.  We have been able to get out of the house more and more with Richie since the weather has warmed up a little bit.  Below are some pictures over the last 6 weeks.  I am also going to attempt to upload some video of Richie soon!  

Richie somehow discovered the fishie even though it is behind him in the bath....how cute :)
Richie loves bathtime!
Richie sitting in his highchair
 Thrilled to be in the "command center"
 First time eating rice cereal...."Hmmm, not sure how I feel about this"
 "I love my rattle!  I can get the whole ball in my mouth, just you watch!"
 Happy St. Patrick's Day...thanks for the shirt Mimi!

 Proud to be Irish!
 Not too thrilled with his buddy Jimmy....
 But LOVED his girlfriend Maddie!!!  "Can I touch your hair?!"
 TT came all the way from San Diego to visit Richie...thanks for stopping in TT!!!
 I'm 4 months old today with Mr. Bear!!
 "Lemme show you how I roll over"....(love those baby blues by the way!)
Step 1:  Lift head and put arms straight up... 
Step 2:  Tilt body sideways and begin rolling....
 Step 3:  "Yippee!  I did it!"  (you can clap for me now) 
 Step 4:  "I'm so proud...I think I'll eat my blanket now"
 We celebrated my birthday back in February
 The Davolis

No comments:

Post a Comment